Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

SUMMER IS HERE!!

Wow summer is finally here and I am finding that time is flying by. Barely time to catch your breath. 

I have a few minutes before my next appointment so I thought I would do some fun facts of the day....

 

~Amazing Facts of the Day~

 1. Camel's milk, which is widely drunk in Arab countries, has 10 times more iron than cow's milk.
2. Catnip can affect lions and tigers as well as house cats. It excites them because it contains a chemical that resembles an excretion of the dominant female's urine.
3. The word "biology" was coined in 1805 by Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.

~ Anatomy Body Facts of the Day~ 

1. Mother's milk provides all the calcium and phosphorous that the body needs for his or her rapidly growing skeleton.
2. Cholesterol and special fats present in human milk are needed for development of the infant's brain that takes place in the first year of life.
3. There are an estimated 20,000 to 25, 000 genes in our genome.

That's all I have for today....
Hope all is well and everyone is having a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment